12.11.08

Fall & the Pumpkins it Brings

I still feel a little like a foreigner around this time of year. The seasons we enjoyed growing up in Papua New Guinea were two, depending on which part of the country you found yourself.

Rainy & Dry.

Rainy was the really rainy time of the year, and Dry was the less rainy time of the year. I loved it!

But, I must admit that I love this Fall thing too!
I love the sky becoming crisper, and the nights cooling. I love the heartbreakingly beautiful sunsets that hint at change. I love wearing scarfs, drinking hot drinks because I am actually cold, and sleeping with no less than 5 blankets.

So Fall has peeked it’s pretty head around the bend and I for one am relieved. I found myself growing increasingly anxious as the daylight hours shrunk more noticeably this past month. The rain and the cold bring a brightness to my being that the lack of sunlight can drain.

I know some of my friends will note the irony that I, Linda, feel sad at the loss of sunlight, since most of them know me as "anti-sun girl". I do love the sunlight. I love anything warm and tropical and brilliantly sunny. I just hate skin cancer and premature aging. This is not the point, so I will move on...

October has been a busy time, but for the first time in a long time, it has been a fun busy time. Since quitting my second job I have found some precious time with friends, family & the pretty pretty outdoors.

Here is a picture of the beautiful Princess Teska. (I still find myself gagging at the thought of putting a pumpkin on one's head...but royalty will be royalty, eh?) Just imagine this pumpkin headed princess driving up to a youth group car wash...she scared the...er...pumpkin seeds out of me...



Her shirt reads "Triple Threat, We are all in this together".
The next weekend was actually Halloween and I got to hang out with Brooke, Tess, Rachel & her friend. The girls were so cute, dressed up as fairies. We went tricker treating in Brooke's & Rachel's neighborhood which happens to be where some of our friends from church live also. This is us popping in at the Hornes as they were getting ready for a dance party.

Me, Rebecca H., Rachel L-C & friend.

No comments: