3.11.11

Honduras 2011

Through a series of some surprising & exciting events, I found myself a part of the 2011 Honduras Team.

Initially, I struggled with feeling like my stepping in at the "last minute" was saving the day. Thankfully, God was not under any delusion as to who who really steps in, orchestrates, and saves.

Once I stopped thinking of my own fabulousness (sigh), I was able to see how God had been working on my heart since last year's trip & preparing me to go.

There is nothing like some good ego deflating to prepare oneself for adventure & hard work.

Our team consisted of 3 adults & 5 highschoolers.


Dan K, Dan H, MHR Dan K, Brianna F, me, Kellen H (our fearless leader), Jon K, & Bobby D.

We worked hard doing construction...


playing with the kids, comparing musical influences with the locals...


helping with a medical clinic, practicing English & learning Spanish in return...


and serving the local missionaries
(notice the commanding way that Mike Pettengill just sits)...


I was especially blessed to get to reconnect with some of the precious kids I met the year before.

Here are some of my "tagger-ons" Samuel, Oneda, and Carolina...


Another special treat was getting tons of time with some of the craziest and most creative and athletic teens I have had the pleasure of knowing...

We became obsessed with this little footballer monkey that was made out of coconut husks that Dan Katches (the kid) bought as his souvenir. There were a whole series of photos taken of the adventures of this strange little creature.


Who says boys don't play with dolls?

I am glad for the chance to go again to a country that is finding it's way into my heart.

Grateful & open to a third trip.


I heart Honduras!

No comments: