21.2.10

the wedding

Jessica (the bride - who I will now refer to as "Bridee") was probably one of the most organized brides I have ever seen.

Everything for her big day was planned perfectly.
By the time the rehearsal came around, everything was done...

& Tess, Bridee, I, & Brooke were able to display our "we're prepared for anything from a wedding to a secret ambush" faces...


all that preparation was what helped us to thoroughly enjoy a relaxing day leading up to the celebration.

Relaxing? you may ask.

Yes. I might respond.

And I have proof. I might add.

This is the groom (Demi, who I will now refer to as "Groomie"), taking a one hour nap before we started the wedding photos.


Unfortunately, our attempt to sneak up on Groomie for a surprising & possibly awkard photo, woke Groomie from said nap.

Preparation was the key, and boy was there preparation.

Do you know how much preparation it takes to transform this...


into a more camera-friendly-lady-in-waiting?

a lot.

It's all sort of blurring together now, but I do remember it began with the arrival of our 5 inch heels...



kidding.

These are NOT our 5 inch heels, but wouldn't that have been weird...and oddly fitting if you knew anything about Bridee & Groomie?

When our actual 5 inch heels arrived,


I tried to practice walking in them once every few days.


Then there was the practice styling our hair day,


which was so fun and also so long.



Then there was the make-up which was not as long as I expected, but definitely more fun than expected.

And finally the hair,
which took long enough,
and wouldn't have been possible without Brooke's curling skills...

not that kind of curling, silly Olympic fans...


this kind of curling...



and presto, change-o (which I think is Italian for "SHAZAAM!"),

a tired, but presentable musketeer 3.


and always presentable musketeer 2.



(for photos of musketeer 1, please google "curling").

It really was a neat time to share with my friends. And like I said before, it is such an honor to stand up there with a Bridee & a Groomie, and yell "Woo-hoo you two!"

here's Groomie


& his Bridee


Beginning of story!

No comments: