11.6.10

a good book

I love reading, especially when I get to read something good.

I recently started asking my patients for recommendations since a lot of them bring books to read during their surgeries.

Before taking any suggestions seriously I usually prod a little on what type of books the recommender likes.

Not everyone passes the prodding test. If I find that the reccomender & I have enjoyed some of the same books I am more willing to try something they might suggest.

Here's one that passed...

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society
by Mary Ann Shaffer & Annie Barrows.

I loved it. (Just ask Roomie - who suffered graciously through me ignoring her for 2 evenings).

Here are some possible reasons why:
It is based on a true place & revolves around real events, (England, 1946, just after the war).
The story is told through written letters to & from the main character.
The characters are interesting, diverse, & delightful.
It has adventure, heartache, laughter, & food with just a hint of romance.

Jump in & see if you like it too!

No comments: