17.6.10

Packer & Fred

Today is my last day dog-sitting the boisterous yellow lab Packer. He is a very sweet dog & way easier to care for than I expected. This has been a blessing since I caught a cold this week & have been trying to fight it off with sleep.

The fish, Fred, on the other hand, scares me.
He is blue with red framing his tails, and he doesn't seem to move much.
(Ever since I lost a fish whilst house-sitting they make me nervous).
Plus, his young owner, explained very carefully how to care for him properly in this solemn way. I listened carefully & then completely forgot about said fish for a day & a half. When I remembered yesterday & ran into his room to check on him & feed him, he seemed the same - stable, and hopefully not just barely hanging on.

I am heading out to play catch with Packer, & to play "stare" with Fred (aka "check if Fred is still with us").
I leave you with one of my favorite Get Fuzzy cartoons because it makes me laugh, & I need a laugh.





1 comment:

jules of the east said...

Sister, that is amazing. I almost always need a laugh, and this was a good one. Hope you get to be feeling back to normal and refocussed on "how to get myself to Nashville" soon. Remember I'm here to support you! : ) Also, I "helped a fish to it's next life" while pet-sitting once. Wasn't pretty, sis, wasn't pretty.