6.12.08

Toes and Beading

While we were all together in Nashville, Jina was able to work on Brian's ingrown toenail. It made for an uncomfortable next day for him since Julie, Susan & I dragged him around town a bit. He was a good sport though.
Here he is being a patient patient.

I think this trip was the third or fourth time I have been able to visit Julie & Jina's church, City Church of East Nashville. It is a neat church for several reasons. The one that sticks out to me this time is how involved the people I met were with their neighborhood of East Nashville (where I am told they "will steal your heart and your lawnmower"). I think that is where Jesus wants us, in the place he's placed us, living our lives openly and invitingly in front of our neighbors. I think that is a cool thing about being in a more city-like area than out in Templeton country. These people actually see and come in contact with their neighbors daily, where as it is easy for me to miss my physical neighbors since I drive everywhere and am pulled so many different directions. It gives me a good perspective again about getting involved with the people right around me.
So, after church we went back to Laura D's place for yummy buritos and some down time.

me, Susan, Laura D, Julie.
Julie & Jina's friend Gabrielle invited us to her parent's house for some craft time. Here mom has this great art studio in their backyard. Gabrielle pulled out all these beads and we spent a fun morning planning and assembling our necklaces, earrings & pretties.
I love this picture of Julie, it reminds me of some of her baby pictures.

Here is a fun video Brian took of all of us in our little "creating" world.

1 comment: