26.12.08

Well burn my bum & call me bacon...

So, I have told a few of you my most recent embarrassing events and have decided to post some pictures...to prove it. Yes, I burned my bum!
Please remember that I had been feeling a little out of sorts and frazzled what with my car dying, and every attempt at progress in selling and finding a new one resulting in frustration.
On the night of December 22nd, all the conditions seemed right. I finally made it out to Tim & Jill's to do some research on their computer. Everything was working well, the cat was purring nearby, the Presto HeatDish was perfectly placed and warming my little space nicely. I felt hopeful at the progress I might make as I sat down and went to work.
And work I did, for a couple of hours.
A few times I remember thinking "hmmm, my backside feels kinda itchy". So, I scratched, and kept working.(sigh)
I ended my research, emailing, and printing and started to close up shop. I turned off the computer, turned off the Presto HeatDish, unplugged it, ushered my feline companion out the door, and headed home.
I listened to 3 and a half Broadway songs, enjoying the drive, arrived home, dressed in my pj's, and got into bed.
I lay there for a moment waiting for the covers to warm me, and slowly realized there was something wrong. My backside was starting to hurt. I thought back to earlier in the evening and remembered the ocassional "itching" I had experienced.
I crawled out of bed and dragged myself to the mirror to inspect more closely my painful left "cheek". When I lowered my pj bottoms I groaned.
One perfectly puffy blister saluted me amongst a background of red skin. Over the next day a second blister appeared and the larger redder area faded away.

I now must confess I burned my bum.
The saddest thing to me is that I didn't even realize that the heat from the Presto HeatDish was too high, or that I might be sitting too close.
The best I can figure is that a part of my jeans that weren't covered by the back of the chair got really hot and proceeded to transfer that heat to my poor bum.
You can see the redder area to the right of the blister is where the second less painful blister appeared.

I had to take a picture because I couldn't believe it and wondered if you might have a hard time believing too.
Um, as a side note, please don't make fun of me when you see me, if I lean to the right when I sit, k?

1 comment:

Alina said...

I love you and I love these posts. You are a fantastic writer...making the ordinary things seem funny and wonderful. Miss you but not that burned bum. That sounds horrid. So sorry, friend.