3.7.09

Mini Em

Annalaura & I threw a baby shower in honor of Emily's baby girl C.G.. It was fun that she had already arrived when we gave the shower, because so many of us wanted to meet her.
Here are my two sweet, beautiful friends...


My three favorite parts of the weekend were down time with the Wilkins, being with Em & holding her tiny C.G., and seeing Em's face when she opened our gift...

I may have forgotten to mention that I, with the help of Julie, have taken Emily's mild dislike of cats and pushed it over the edge to pure unadulterated loathing.

The trick you ask? Well, step 1 is to have a mind like mine. Slightly obsessive and a little immature. Whenever I see anything feline, I immediately imagine Emily and her cute nose turned up in disapproval. (sigh)
And so, step 2, I buy her the cat things I find. You would be surprised at how many cards with cats there are in this world. Finally, step 3 is persistence. It has taken years...birthdays, Christmases, Easter, Hanukkahs, any time I might be thinking of her...and Ta-Da! she absolutely detests them.

We also made C.G. a yellow onesie with an owl on the bottom & it said "Smarty Pants", and a purple onesie that said "Daddy's lil' biker". I just hope that Em will let C.G. wear the cat one.

Carol, C.G., Annalaura, Brenda & me

I love being around women who are good at hostessing. I feel like a sponge and long to be cool, calm, and collected and able to make marvelous delicious things to boot. Annalaura & I wouldn't have made it without these two!

Here is one of the joys of my weekend...time with Smeadie, as I call her. She started calling me "Friend" this weekend & I couldn't figure out why. Then I realized Annalaura & I call each other that. So cute! Also, at one point she wanted to be "Sminda", as Annalaura calls me, and wanted me to be "Smeadie". I hope she remembers when I see her at Big Sur. I love name-calling games!

No comments: