4.7.09

Music in the park

So, here's the deal with the Central Coast...we love being outdoors, we love music, and we love our friends...er, at least I do.
We, (me, Brooke, Tess & Rachel) have been trying to catch most of the Templeton & Paso Concerts in the Park this summer. It works out great because Wednesday is Templeton's day and Friday is Paso's. What I enjoy most is time with my friends and people watching or listening in on conversations around us.
I have been teaching my "Park Pretties" how to play this great game that AJ & UB got for me. It is called Cinco, (5 in Spanish), and is small and easy to transport. We have busted it out a few times at the park. If nothing it has provided us with some things to talk smack to each other about.
Another fun game we happened upon last Wednesday was this strange photo copy cat contest. Round 1, someone gets their picture taken. The next person gets to take their picture too...
But they have to copy the previous person's look.
It can obviously be open to interpretation of the previous person's look...
Very open...
But of course, It is a fun way to capture some of our quirkier moments.
I refrained from posting all the rounds of photos because most of them were unflattering...which should teach me something about mockery...it makes the mocker seem unflattering...alas, I am unmoved.

Tess & I were hanging out downtown and came upon the Teass House. I know not what it houses, if one can enjoy tea there, or if they in fact do not know how to spell teases / teas's / the ass.
But I do know that it is pink and was built in 1929.
I also know that in my village if you want to talk about your home or where you came from, the literal phrase is "the place of my ass" or more succinctly "ass place".
So, I guess this could be home sweet home Tess!

2 comments:

Alina said...

Ok, I'm loving all the posts as of late! And I love all the girls in these photos. These posts really made me miss you guys and summer concerts in the park. I'm going to walk away from my computer now and perhaps try not to tear up. :-) Miss you, Binders.

Brooke said...

Even though I have been at most of these occations I love hearing about your life through blog and pictures! Thanks!